I always LOVE listening to Stacy Julian. I met her WAY back when she was a Close to My Heart consultant (when we were named D.O.T.S.) about 15 years ago when we were both teaching extravanganza (before it was called extravaganza). I am here to attest to the fact that she has always been a creative dynamo and has always talked very fast! LOL!! The things she did with "THIS MUCH BEAR!" I'll never forget!!
My notes from her talk--so many quotes:
- "All photos are not created equal."
- Pictures are not as valuable as they used to be.
- "Two things will kill your creative muse--guilt and obligation."
- "Events and everyday moments are about people. Scrapbook people! Scrapbook their personalities!"
- "Don't let your babies grow up to be jpegs!"
- "Be an antichronologist!"
- "There are times when you do't need a camera, leave it in your pocket and pay attention. Take pictures with your heart."
- "The story you are most qualified to tell is your own. If you don't tell it nobody will." Tell it with an ABC book, 15 things you love, or 15 things you believe in."
- "Cute matters" The happiness you create in your corner of the world will spill over into the rest of the world. You need a place to reflect and recharge.
- Children need to see pictures of themselves and the people they love. It does not matter if they are in date order. It does not matter if they are scrapbooked.
- Start with a memory and add a photo, any photo will do.
From Stacy's blog--“My message is that time moves so very fast and most of the time we do too. But, we can choose (with practice) to slow down and to savor simple everyday moments. We can pull out our cameras and take pictures and we can live with these pictures and let them work magical things inside of us. Doing so will make us more grateful, more content, more aware and more happy. There is so much that is overwhelming and challenging in life. Efforts to capture and share your memories should be neither.”
I love her..... Stacy Julian is amazing!